I’m always in the mood for scary stories in October, so for the past few years, I’ve been recording scary media each day. My first two times doing this project, I made a list, but I thought it would be fun to do a more visual version this time around!
I decided to include a pocket for each day using an image from the media pick of the day and a number. I took book photos and TV / movie photos are from internet searches.
I’m including movies, TV shows, and reading material so far! I like including a specific episode of shows so I don’t feel like I have to be doing something different every day (an arbitrary restriction I gave myself in the past). This format doesn’t capture everything, like multiple episodes or on-going reading, but I like that is is more specific. I’m thinking about including a list of not-represented things somewhere on the back (like finishing seasons of some of the shows I mention as single episodes) instead of using a title card for each page.
I love the simple, bold look of the page–inking the “October” wood chip and the numbers black definitely helped. And alternating the numbers / photos on the top and bottom of the cards made for a strong and easy design.
- Freckled Fawn October Kit (October wood chip, label stickers, and papers)
- Ali Edwards pen, ink, and chipboard numbers (discontinued December Daily)
- Becky Higgins Design F Pocket Page
On the scary days list so far:
- Doctor Who episodes–my family finished season 9 this month and I picked some of the more monster-centered episodes for this
- The Walking Dead–included episode 14 from season 7, but finished season 7 starting from episode 14, which is where I’d left off
- Harry Potter et la Chambre des Secrets, Chapter 9–I’ve been reading the English and French versions of this book periodically to the kids for a year now
- American Horror Story Season 7, Episode 5
- Lumberjanes Vol. 3–Lumberjanes is an adorable all-ages supernatural comic I’m re-reading to Jonas
- Bones Season 12 binge (over several days)
- Death Note–US version was not great, but had some amazing elements, which made me want to check out the source material
- Season 1, Episode 1 of the Japanese Anime Death Note series
- Fear of the Walking Dead, Season 1–I’m rewatching this because I have a way to watch the following seasons now but it’s been too long and I needed a refresher
This is definitely the most TV I’ve watched in a long, long time, but I’m enjoying binge watching in the background while I’m scrapbooking!
I’m working on this every other day so I can print two 3×4 photo cards at once. This hybrid project has been really quick and fun!
What scary media are you into this month? Any recommendations for me?