We recently celebrated Jake’s birthday! I think birthdays are a great time to capture a bit of what someone’s life is like in the moment, so I documented some of the things that really characterize him as he turned 29 (with his help).
At 29 Jake…
- …is VERY into his quadcopter hobby and has moved up from the one he built from scratch to a racing model.
- …has an uncanny talent for finding weird ways to fund his hobby projects.
- …was promoted from software engineer to software architect!
- …video chats with his dad and his older brother a lot.
- …switched from Chucks to Vans, and can usually be found in jeans and a polo shirt or a dark button down.
- …has discovered the joy of audiobooks (really into The Martian).
- …packs his weekends with family adventures and visits to extended family, but loves lazy days around the house the most.
- …always finds us awesome science-y things to watch on You Tube.
- …is a research master.
- …has retained his baby whisperer skills.
- …is a very patient homework helper and also likes to teach Eliza about whatever random thing he’s researching (most recently the five stages of tribes in group behavior).
- …is becoming a better cook and still rules in the bread department.
- …wants to start learning more woodworking.
- …is a good man in a storm.
- …recently discovered a love for craft pop.
- …is my very best friend.
Check out other birthday and anniversary check-in lists.