A version of this post originally appeared in an issue of Nerd Nest News. Sign up for creative jumpstarts, exclusive first looks at projects, and special coupons.
Sometimes to keep your creativity going, all you need to do is make a slight change in your process. Switching it up by changing one variable in your process might be all you need to get your creative jumpstart!
Here are a few ideas for switching it up:
- Try using a new protein with familiar flavor profiles in a meal you cook this week. I just tried lamb instead of chicken in pita sandwiches and it was delicious!
- Try a different kind of paint. If you usually use acrylic, try oil paint to see how it changes your process.
- If you usually use patterned paper as a base in your scrapbooking, try starting with white cardstock (or vice versa).
- Take a different route to work or the grocery store (or wherever you drive more often) to see if the change in scenery sparks an idea.
- Rearrange your furniture.
- Read from a different genre than you usually go for.
- Try learning a different coding language if you’re a developer (or try learning a tiny bit of HTML so you can switch things up a bit if you are a blogger)!
Take your creative process, whatever that may be, and switch up one aspect to think about your craft in a new way.
To switch it up for myself in the memory keeping department, I tried out the 9 x 12 format for two pages that will go back-to-back in my album.
Fitting photos, words, and embellishments into different dimensions helped me to make a bright, fun page that balanced out dark, silhouetted photos.
The second 9×12 page to back this one was a way to switch up the Awesome Ladies January Sketch Challenge.
How will you switch it up?
I’d love to hear what you are planning on making!
This post was originally sent in a newsletter. Sign up for The Nerd Nest News Creative Jumpstarts so you can get more awesome content like this delivered right to your inbox (and coupons and updates too)! The next installment is going out this Wednesday!