In 2012, I painted this frame aqua and made it into a necklace holder for Eliza. She recently decided she was over it–she thought it would be better for our foster baby’s room. So I painted it black, to better go with the room’s color scheme, and switched up the function to a photo frame.
Most of these are placeholder photos so I could take pictures for the blog, but I’m putting pictures of the baby with her parents as well as with us up.
For string, I used one of the shoelaces from last month’s Loot Crate–it has a subtle black and grey Marvel superhero pattern. Last time I used string for the first version of this project, I held it in place under the screws in the back. This time, because I didn’t want to damage the shoelace in case we want to actually use it as a shoelace later, I used red tape coverd in washi tape to hold it in place on the back of the frame.
The frame is super cute in there and will look great with the other projects I’m planning to pull everything together. We’re going with sort of a juxtaposing ornate + superheroes thing. Lots of Storm and Batgirl.
Next up: Making a pillowcase so we can get that filler (but cute) raspberry pillow out of there.
This year it’s my goal to complete 52 Projects. Projects can be art, crafts, home improvement, tech, gardening, or whatever else my brain might venture into. They might be collaborative or independent. The point is to MAKE. I’m numbering in the order these projects are shared.
This is project 10 of 52! Check out the other projects: 1: Class Quilt / 2: Valentines with Eliza / 3: Crabitat / 4-7: Refinishing Our Hardwood Floors + Other Room Updates / 8:April Gardening / 9: Handprint and Footprint Butterfly Pots.