Jake and I have found some cool (nerdy) stuff on the web lately. Here’s some of it for you to enjoy!
- Illustration student Rachel Walsh was challenged to create a project that would “explain an e-reader to Charles Dickens” and created a visual metaphor: 40 miniature books inside a larger book. Genius.
- We celebrate St. Patrick’s Day in a big way in Kansas City and just happen to live in the district where it all goes down, so these Brutally Honest St. Patrick’s Day Facts made me chuckle a little bit more at all of the drunk people stumbling near my house last night.
- This video of a Physicist rejoicing as he learns his theory is correct is amazing. It also makes me so thankful for the direct news medium of the Internet, because otherwise this discovery would have had to trickle through so many channels (and through so much time) before I would have learned of it.
- Jake and I are asked why we don’t wear rings all of the time (though I have one and wear it very occasionally). Now we can tell them Why Engagement Rings are a Scam with history as well as feelings. (There’s a bit of NSFW language in the video.)
- We’re going to need to find a crummy thrift store globe so we can turn it into a Death Star Globe!
- This clear art journal would be so great for a collection of things found on a nature walk.
- Jake and I were fascinated by Font Men, a peek into the most type design studio in the world.
What interesting things have you found around the web lately?
Want more? Read other nerdy shares.