Jake and I have found some cool (nerdy) stuff on the web lately. Here’s some of it for you to enjoy!
- We’ve really been enjoying the show Big History, which looks at how scientific concepts shape human history. Episodes show things like how tea and coffee were a major factor in the cause of colonialism, or how the availability of salt determines where big cities are formed. You can watch some of the full episodes online.
- I love learning about the nature of creativity, and found this video on Why Brainstorming Doesn’t Work so very interesting.
- Though I hope you American football fans enjoyed the Superbowl, I can’t help but do a bit of an evil laugh when I read that the game has an average of 11 minutes of live action.
- A lot of the beinifits of yoga might sound a little hokey, but check out the benefits to your brain. Because neurobiology.
- Makes sense: Your body language shapes who you are. (We’ve probably shared that before, but it’s Jake’s and my very favorite life hack.)
- I think that the way language changes and evolves is fascinating, and the Internet is a catalyst for that change: English has a new preposition, because Internet.
- Today is a snow day, so Eliza and I are planning to celebrate by making Star Wars snowflakes.
- Another project E will love is this Geode String Art. She loves rocks and crystals and needs this in her life.
What interesting things have you found around the web lately?
Want more? Read other sharing posts.