Jake and I have found some cool (nerdy) stuff on the web lately. Here’s some of it for you to enjoy!
- A new report this week announced that ancient hominin DNA was extracted from a 400,000 year old fossil! Previously, the oldest remains were only 100,000. The implications are so very interesting.
- Something Terrible, a comic by Dean Trippe, is both heartbreaking and wonderful. This stuff is hard to talk about, and this format rocks. Spread it, nerds. And then buy the full version for a buck.
- Speaking of amazing discoveries: an ancient Egyptian city was discovered underwater!
- Is the holiday season filling you with a giving spirit? Here’s 10 ways to give back as a blogger this holiday season.
- We have ourselves a little vintage camera collection, and these 10 Great Ways to Upcycle Vintage Cameras are giving us a reason to collect a few more.
- Want your Facebook feed to be filled with gorgeous photos of nature? Like Earth Porn on Facebook.
- This is technically for Thanksgiving, but these 11 Gourmet Tips for Better Food Photos will be so useful during December holidays too!
- Need free commercial use fonts? Try Font Squirrel.
- I like a dose of literature with my fantasy and sci-fi, so I’ve found some new books to add to my “to-read” list in this article on 17 of the most literary science fiction novels.
What interesting things have you found around the web lately?
Want more? Read other sharing posts.