We’ve found some cool (nerdy) stuff on the web lately. Here’s some of it for you to enjoy!
- Lately we’ve been obsessed with SciShow, a You Tube channel that interestingly explains scientific concepts (a lot of the bizarre). Some of our favorites so far: 3 Neat Facts About Narwhals, 4 Real Inventions Inspired by Science Fiction, and Sleep: What Happens Without it and Why We Need It.
- 15 sorting algorithms in 6 minutes. It’s sort of musical.
- I love this 21 Food Questions interview and think something similar would be a good memory keeping exercise!
- We’re excited to be backers for the Kickstarter The True Cost, a documentary film exploring the impact of the global clothing industry on people and the planet.
- Looking for ethical alternatives? Toms just launched the Tom’s Marketplace, a platform for social entrepreneurs to sell awesome products that support causes. I love this Little Prince onsie, the purchase of which buys a book for an impoverished community. I’m also all about this chevron clutch, which helps create ethical jobs and provide educational support in the Himalayas. Shop good, do good. I’m for it.
- Our friend Kristin has such thoughtful things to say about business, and her post on blogging sponsored posts (without selling your soul) is no exception.
- Test tube chandelier. Brilliant and gorgeous.
- Jennifer Lawrence on Body Image. She’s my favorite.
Want more? Read other sharing posts.