Welcome to the last of of my September 30 Days of Lists! If you’re new to the party, #30Lists is a 30 Day Journaling challenge that makes documenting your life easy with 30 Days of Prompts–and it’s extra fun with a giant online community to share them with! I’m an ambassador for 30 Days of Lists, and you can read about why I love listing here, and can check out my week 1 here, and weeks 2 & 3 here .
In September, Jake and Eliza played along with me, and while I did the prompts daily in September, those two didn’t finish the last of their cards until last week! That’s completely fine: there’s no wrong way to list. They finished up just in time, though, because registration for 30 Days of Lists just opened!
Here are the second half of our September pages:
Things Only a ______ Would Understand
Things only a programmer would understand. It’s code that basically says to repeat the line “I don’t wanna make a list” 100 times because I asked him to make it when he wasn’t feeling like it. Hah! He thought it was hilarious, so obviously he had fun with it anyway.
Things only a scrapbooker would understand:
- Everyday photos of boring stuff are awesome
- a grown-up sticker collection
- sneak peeks
- Ali, Becky, Cathy, Stacey, etc. are household names
Things I Love About My Home
- It is over 100 and thus has tons of character
- The fancy door knobs
- The open family spaces
- The dream kitchen
- There’s room for our family to grow
- It’s in Westport
- It’s MY home. No landlords, no leases
- It’s old, has character
- Location is smack dab in the middle of my favorite part of our town
- There are over 40 windows!
- Open floor plan makes it easier to talk room-to-room
I ask for help when
- I’m overwhelmed
- I want to learn
- I need a break
- I want to spend quality time with someone (like my sous chefs)
- toilet paper
Qualities I Admire in Others
- caring for me (at least I think that’s what that says)
Comforting me This Week
- hot tea
- positive feedback
- Jake’s brick research
- Hugs & snuggles
My Food Pyramid
- Local resturants & “medium” food
- Current obsession (pistachios, yogurt + granola)
- Farmer’s market food and produce
- Home cookin’
- Ice cream, donuts, cake
- Dr. Pepper, apple juice
- Dinners, Local pizza
- Breakfast, Burritos, & combos of those two
- Dating (ahem) Tyrion from GoT
- A horrible nightmare in which I was a homicide detective
Things People Don’t Know About Me Because They Don’t Bother to Ask:
- I DO have a job
- I hate when people make normative assumptions, especially about religion
- I don’t mind being around drinking, even though I don’t
How to Have a Better Day
- Start with coffee
- Do yoga
- Have time alone in the quiet
- Snuggle a nerd
- Read something beautiful
- Eat breakfast!
- Do what you wanna do for a little bit, not just what you have to do.
- Relax. Watch Doctor Who. Wear a bow tie. Because bow ties are cool.
- Go outside!
- Go for a scoot.
My Family’s Quirks
- We do super goofy celebratory dances.
- We take pictures of everything.
- I wear PJs ALL OF THE TIME.
- WE’ll throw in a nerdy reference whenever we can.
Rules for Being My Friend:
- I’m going to take your photo. A lot.
- Be nice to my kids.
- Love Jake as much as you love me.
- Eat, drink, and be merry.
- Love to talk.
Favorite Classes & Workshops
- Social deviance
- Theory of knowledge
- #30 Lists
- Hello Story
- The School as a Social System
- IB English
- Anything with Doctor Bach
- Database Architecture & Design
- Network Security
- Intro to Graphic Design
- Business Ethics
- Ethics in the Information Age
In My Fridge:
- 7 jars of homemade pickles
- the best homemade blackberry jam
- iced coffee
- MO apples, eggs, & eggplant
Next Month’s Plan:
- Pumpkin patch
- Take E to her first haunted house
- Robert Delong Concert
- DIY costumes
- Read Harry Potter in French
Today I want to Remember:
- That Jonas told me I look beautiful
- That my biggest obstacle is my confidence.
- That these days are fleeting (so treasure them).
Story: Eliza: “How much is a regular tub of ice cream?”
Me: “‘Bout 5-7 bucks”
Eliza: “And how about the big one?”
Me: “‘Bout 8-9 bucks, but this one was on sale for 6 bucks”
Jonas: “On sale?!? That’s weird!”
Me: “Why is that weird?”
Jonas: “It’s Ice cream! I like ice cream, it’s nummy!”
If you can’t wait for the next round of lists to start in December, you can purchase past rounds, including September’s, as a self-paced challenge! But the fun starts now even if the prompts don’t start until December. Here’s what’s what with #30Lists right now:
Upon logging in, you’ll have immediate access to:
- private Facebook Group just for December #30Lists participants
- printable download with ALL of December’s list topics (for those of you who want the topics ahead of time)
Throughout the rest of November:
- tutorial on adding images to the Flickr group
- tutorial on using the #30Lists hashtag for Instagram
- tutorial on joining the community
- introductions to our sponsors
- introductions to our ambassadors
- Kam and Amy’s individual 30Lists books
- ‘your take’ on the #30Lists book covers
- giveaways from sponsors and ambassadors
Starting December 1st:
- 1 new list topic will be posted each morning
- additional giveaways
- list topics hosted by some of our sponsors
- ‘your take’ posts high-lighting the lists all of you are making
I can’t wait to start on my list base for December! I’m planning on going the Project Life route again, but I’m making some of my own cards this time! I have a pretty awesome design in my head, I just have to make it happen. I’ve found that making a base ahead of time really helps me to keep track during the actual listing. Have you ever listed before? Are you participating this round? How are you planning on listing in December?