We’ve found some cool (nerdy) stuff on the web lately. Here’s some of it for you to enjoy!
- Just a reminder as the time to pick Halloween costumes nears that cultures are not a costume.
- If you’re not convinced, here’s 9 Reasons Cultural Appropriation in Halloween Costumes is Not Okay.
- On a lighter cultural note: National Flags Created from Food
- There’s an element of luck in creating great photography: getting the shot at just the right moment is key (though having the camera set to continuous shoot so that you can take hundreds of not perfect photos to get one stellar one helps too). Here are 27 Incredible Once-in-a-Lifetime Shots in which the photographer got the timing just right.
- Don’t get what that whole Higgs boson thing about? These drawings will help.
- Speaking of tough scientific concepts, I’ve started a Answers to Eliza’s Questions Pinboard for visual aids and extra information for the inevitable lectures that come out of her curiosity. There are only a few pins, but two of them are full-length documentaries, so you’ll be busy for awhile if you’re a science nerd too.
- Point for books in the physical books vs. e-reader debate: Do E-Books Make It Harder to Remember What You Just Read?
- People are way more resistant to the way we raise Jonas than they are to the way we raise Eliza. No wonder: 5 Ways America Tells Boys Not to be Girly
- Are Black Names “Weird” or Are You Just Racist?
- P.S. We had some really gorgeous NASA stuff to show you, but the furlough shut the website down.
Have you found anything interesting online lately?
Want more? Check out our other random links posts.