Time for an update on how I’m doing on my monthly One Little Word goals! If you haven’t read about my intentions for the second half of the year, this post will make a lot more sense if you do. One Little Word is a class taught by Ali Edwards at Big Picture Classes.
My September intention was to FINISH wood. I didn’t succeed in making a new project with Poppy (my grandpa), though a headboard made out of the antique doors in our basement is still in the works (the project is now going to have a bookshelf type thing with it and is more complicated / expensive than my original idea). I did succeed in FINISHing step stool chairs that I started with Poppy what seems like forever ago, though, so I’m calling that a win.
Last month wasn’t just for FINISHing wood; it was also for looking to the intentions for the months ahead. I tried to do things that needed to be done in order to meet the goals for the months to come. Here are the rest of the year’s intentions, and what I did to work toward them:
October FINISH fini | I will read a book in French.
I bought Harry Potter #1: Harry Potter A L’Ecole Des Sorciers. Eliza is over the moon excited about it. She’s going to steal it as soon as I’m done.
November FINISH draft | Write a new draft of my novel.
I’ve been going back and forth about the story. I don’t know if I love it or hate it. I’m just going to start writing come November, and we’ll see what comes of it. If I’m in a rage halfway through, I’m not going to force myself to FINISH. I’ll transfer my energy to finishing illustrations with Jake for the children’s book I’ve been working on instead.
December FINISH debt | We will decimate our debt!
It’s clear now that the original goal isn’t going to be met, so I’ve set one that’s more realistic and have a budget and plan for getting us there.
When I signed up for One Little Word, I also signed up for I Choose, a self-paced class from Elise Blaha Cripe. These two classes totally work in harmony, and I used the info in I Choose to choose my intentions for the year. I’m marrying these two classes together and choosing a few extra things to finish over the next month.
An update on the things I chose for last month:
- I did not FINISH raising at least $2,500 more for Bald for Breasts, so I’m going to have to double down this month for sure.
- I did FINISH teaching Project Life Lessons, and as for if I knocked everyone’s socks off… we’ll have to see the results of the class survey!
- I did FINISH 30 Days of Lists daily (but Eliza didn’t, so I’m waiting on her last few cards to share the last two weeks).
- I did FINISH documenting Week in the Life (You can see all of those posts here).
- I did FINISH more of my 32 books.
- I did FINISH watching a ton of Doctor Who episodes with Jake.
- I did FINISH 4 non-scrapbooking craft projects: recovered chairs, the brick wall rebuild DIY (Jake is sharing about that later this week), the step stool chair, and Eliza’s scarf.
- I did not FINISH running 20 miles. I ran somewhere between 2 and 0. Ooops.
Things I’m choosing to FINISH in October:
- I will FINISH raising a ton more for Bald for Breasts. I just posted the picture above so that you know what kind of dedication going from mermaid hair to bald is for me. Help me raise money for breast cancer in honor of my Grammy and donate now.
- I will FINISH at least 4 family craft projects with the kids.
- I will FINISH collecting and making the perfect components for our Halloween costumes.
- Jake and I will FINISH a few more home repairs we’ve been putting off.
- I will FINISH getting the garden ready for the cold weather.
- I will FINISH switching the Nerd Nest over to the new design / new schedule.
- I will FINISH several layouts to submit to publications.
- I did FINISH more of my 32 books.
- I will FINISH running 20 miles.
- I will FINISH doing my favorite October activities.
Do you have a One Little Word? How did your intentions vs. actions work out last month?