This month I’m participating in 30 Days of Lists, an awesome (and cheap!) class and community with a daily list prompt. As I shared here, I’m jumping in towards the end and then will work my way back through the ones I missed. The lists aren’t date specific (which means you can still sign up!), so there’s no worries if you “fall behind”.
List #24 was “I Am Famous For.” I used a real Polaroid that Jake and I overexposed trying to figure out how to use our Polaroid Land Camera. Waste not! I wrote on it with a Smash Stick (by K & Co). It wasn’t drying quite fast enough for me, so I zapped it with a heat embossing gun real quick to speed up the dry time on the ink. (Be careful when you do this; you don’t want to melt the Polaroid! Or maybe you do. That might look cool. Hmmmm.)
- being crafty
- community organizing
- writing a novel
- Chicken Tikka Masala
- reading crazy amounts
- Nerd Pride!
- making messes
- taking lead
List #25 was “Title Options for my Autobiography”. This is a list I could have gotten really creative with, but I could also see myself spending hours trying to come up with the most creative titles possible. I decided to skip all that and just write things as they came to mind instead. I thought the list would be redundant if I wrote down things I would entitle my autobiography if I were to write it right now, so I imagined what I would have called it at different life stages.
- Repeater (My favorite Fugazi album and the name of my wip novel)
- Tomboy Feminist Turned Homemaker
- Adventures from a Fly-Over State
- I Am the Straight Edge Queen of Hearts (The title of a sonnet I wrote in high school)
- Memories of Racism and Sexism in Middle America
- My Kids Are More Awesome Than Yours
- A Nerd Gets Nostalgic
List #26 was “My Morning Routine”. I changed it a bit to “Weekday Morning Routine, because I realized that weekend mornings have their own (totally different) routine.
The list reads:
- 6: 20 A.M. The alarm goes off. I’m in charge of SNOOZE.
- 6:50 A.M. Have pushed SNOOZE several times. Realize Jonas started crying. Rush to wake E up so she won’t miss the bus.
- 7:00 A.M. I get E’s clothes & toothbrush ready while Jake changes Jonas. I supervise J’s breakfast and make lunches while Jake brushes E’s hair.
- 7:10 A.M. Everyone’s had breakfast (but me). I’ve had coffee. I check e-mail, E gets on the bus. J&J snuggle.
- 7:30 A.M. Jake goes to work. Jonas and I snuggle on the couch and watch Netflix in our P.J.s
- 8:30 A.M. I actually start moving around. I am not a morning person!
Hope you liked these lists! They’ll help you get to know me a bit better, at least
See all my 30 Days of Lists posts.